src="https://bitly.com/24workpng1" alt="Blogger Templates" border="0" style="position:absolute; top: 0px; right: 0px;" >
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Poetry Response

Nope
I put a piece of cantaloupe
Underneath the microscope.
I saw a million strange things sleepin’,
I saw a zillion weird things creepin’,
I saw some green things twist and bend–
I won’t eat cantaloupe again.
~Shel Silverstein: Falling up


The poem i am reading is about someone putting a cantaloupe under a microscope and finding weird creatures on it. I think the author wrote this poem to confuse people because it is weird how there would be creatures on a cantaloupe. I also think the author wrote this to be funny so that the poem can appeal to kids. I like this poem so Shel Silverstein did a good job writing it!

This is what i visualized while reading this poem:
I visualized this because it is exactly what the poem is like. A person looking through a microscope at tiny bugs on a cantaloupe. Shel Silverstein did a good job to make me visualize what the poem looked like.

This poem reminds me of text to self because I see bugs in fruit all the time. I can relate to the person in the poem because i also think it is disgusting when bugs are in food. I think this could also be text to world too though because I am pretty sure other people have seen bugs in food before and they think that is disgusting too.












No comments:

Post a Comment